Advanced Instrumentation Engineering ( Advanced CAIN )
Course duration 3 months
(course jointly conducted by walrus marine and engineering Co.pvt.Ltd. , Rajagiri School of Engineering and technologies and ISOI, Kochi Chapter .)Instrumentation Engineering is the synergistic combination of mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, control engineering, systems design engineering and computer engineering to achieve measurements and control. It is a multidisciplinary field involving material science, sensors &actuators, optics, signal processing, statistics, computation, communication. The applications for this field are mostly visible in Health, Agriculture, Aviation, Safety, Security, Space, Manufacturing and Processing Sectors.
This course is announced by ISOI – Instrument Society of India, Kochi Chapter and is conducted in our training division, and in Rajagiri School of Engineering – an engineering institution of great repute renowned for its excellent infrastructure and Lab facilities.
This comprehensive course has been designed to cover all the major aspects of instrumentation like measurement systems, automatic controllers, final control elements, etc. Well-equipped process stations have been set up for pressure, temperature, level and flow control and control valves to give a real plant experience. One can practice process control, calibration and maintenance in these dedicated training skids under the supervision of experienced engineers from this sector. All major controllers of modern industries like PLC, PAC, DCS, etc. are integral parts of this training. Routine expert talks and industrial visits will enhance your confidence.
PLC (Allen Bradley, OMRON, Siemens, ABB, Schneider Electric, Honeywell)
- Introduction to Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
- Relay logics and control systems.
- Relay analysis and up-gradation of control systems.
- PLC Architecture, Wiring and Sensor interfacing.
- PLC programming- basic program and high level programming.
- Control system design with PLC.
- Digital and Analogue control loops.
- Interfacing transmitter to PLC.
SCADA (Wonderware-Intouch, GE-iFix, Schneider electric-Citect, Rockwell-RS view32)
- Familiarization of SCADA.
- Centralized monitoring and control.
- Creating tags in SCADA.
- Graphic design and simple process monitoring in SCADA.
- Alarms and security systems in SCADA.
- Interfacing SCADA with PLC.
- Monitoring sensor data in SCADA.
- Exercising control from SCADA.
- Familiarization of software used in HMI.
- Graphic designing and simulation.
- Interfacing HMI with PLC.
VFD (Allen Bradley)
- Principles of Motor and speed control.
- Interfacing motors to VFD’s.
- Programming VFD’s.
- Controlling from PLC.
- Introduction to industrial instrumentation.
- Importance of process control.
- Working on Sensors and transducers.
- Measurement systems – pneumatic and electrical, measurement standards and units.
- Standard Instrumentation signals-4-20mA and 3-15psi.
- Transmitters and converters.
- Pressure, temperature, flow and level measurement in industries.
- Familiarization of instruments.
- Characteristics of measuring instruments.
- Calibration of different instruments.
- Configuring transmitters.
- Process control training in pressure, temperature, level and flow process stations.
- Characteristics of control valves.
- Instrument design documents and P&ID.
- PID control.
- Boiler controls.
DCS (Honeywell Experion series)
- Introduction to Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Design documentation and P&I diagram interpretation.
- Familiarization of DCS design software.
- Wiring loops, junction boxes (JB), Panels etc.
- Graphic designing.
- Loop checking (existing loop and newly designed loop).
- Project Completion and run.
- Analyses of response.
- Familiarization of LabVIEW and applications.
- Designing projects in LabVIEW.
- Simulation of projects.
- Higher and industrial application of LabVIEW.